CJ Charles Holiday Gift Guide: Jewelry & Watches
Written By: Vahid Moradi
Those of us who love the holidays can sense those first glimmers of the season months away: the weather turns colder, the lights get glitterier, the drinks get toastier. And while we love to marinate in those magical details of this season, it’s hard not to plan for the inevitable: holiday gift-giving.
For many, no other time of year is better for cozying up with loved ones and celebrating the people you love. For us, nothing captures that spirit quite like the beauty of luxury jewelry.
If you’re on the hunt for a stunning gift this wintertime, allow us to play Santa’s Helper. With this holiday gift guide, we have a gorgeous piece of jewelry that’s sure to make every loved one on your list beam with joy.
4 Jewelry Pieces to Deck Out Your Loved Ones
Like apparel or shoes, everyone has a jewelry style that fits their taste. Before piling items into your shopping cart, consider what jewelry your loved one will truly love wearing.
You might narrow down your selections by asking:
- Do they prefer gold-toned or silver-toned metals?
- Which jewelry item (earrings, bracelets, etc.) would they be most likely to wear?
- Do they prefer thinner or thicker bands?
- Do they lean towards maximalist, megawatt styles or minimalist, understated designs?
- Do they have any favorite gemstones? Are there any gemstones they categorically dislike?
Taking a peek at the jewelry they already own can be help point your sleigh towards a winning gift. However, don’t be afraid to venture a bit outside of the jewelry box—the holidays are a wonderful time to receive something that you’d never buy yourself!
Whatever styles you’re leaning toward, we’ve put together this jewelry gift guide to embody the brilliance and beauty of this time of year.
#1 Beautiful Bracelets
From elegant to opulent, there’s a bracelet to make every wrist glisten like a perfect crystalline snowflake. Help your loved one’s hands catch the light with:
- Dazzling diamonds – With a simple 18K gold chain and sparkling clasp, our diamond clasp bracelet balances bold geometrics with minimalism. The exquisite 32-diamond clasp is shaped like a loop and clamp, adding complexity to a classic gold chain design.
- Romantic rubies – If you’re shopping for a partner, show off your romance by gifting them a wrist surrounded with rubies. This gemstone symbolizes love and commitment—perfectly complementing the delicate beauty of a tennis bracelet design.1
- Minimalist white gold – Refined yet striking, a simple white gold chain can go with nearly any wardrobe. Small details like tiny diamond droplets or a single charm add personality while maintaining the metal’s inherent understated beauty.
#2 A Ravishing Rings
An intimate, meaningful staple jewelry piece, rings are a deeply meaningful gift for any romantic interest in your life.
Whether you’re getting engaged or just demonstrating your affection, a yellow gold diamond swirl ring is a beautiful testament to the season’s warmth. Complete with 7 brilliant cut diamonds and a band that swans around the finger, it’s a style-forward yet classic design that’ll steal the spotlight at holiday parties and into the New Year.
#3 Eye-Catching Earrings
Earrings have a knack for drawing even more light to the face, highlighting the beauty of your loved one’s natural features. These styles are sure to suit any wearer, whatever their tastes:
- Drop earrings – Elegant “drop” designs descend from the earlobes, visually lengthening the neck. Recipients with eclectic fashion senses will love drops that feature unique setting shapes like hearts, florals, or long double strands of gemstones.
- Hoop earrings – Classic and feminine, hoop earrings will never go out of style. Make them even more special by opting for a pair of 18K white gold hoops, which catch the light with alternating diamonds and blue sapphires.
- Stud earrings – Despite the simplicity of their construction, stud designs need not be blah. For a unique twist, look for climber studs that crawl up the ear. A nature-inspired design (like tree branches or florals) with encrusted diamonds ensures a laidback look will drip with glamour.
#4 Romantic Necklaces
The perfect complement to the décollatage, necklaces naturally carry a romantic quality that conjures associations with passion. We’re head over heels for this heart-shaped emerald design, with a brilliant green stone ensconced by a halo of diamonds.
Some cultures consider the color green to be associated with the heart, making a heart-shaped emerald a perfect choice for the center stone.2 If you’re gifting this piece to a loved one, don’t forget to show your appreciation in the gift-giving process: Fewer gestures make wearers feel more adored than having a beautiful new necklace draped around their neck for them.
4 Luxe Watches to Lavish the Men in Your Life
Part aesthetics, part utility, watches are powerful for conveying professionalism, glamour, elegance, and restraint. But how do you go about selecting the perfect timepiece for your loved one?
Buying a watch as a gift can feel intimidating, but asking the right questions ahead of time can help guide you in the right design.3 You’ll want to ask yourself these questions about your recipient:
- What sort of career or job do they have?
- Do they typically dress formally, or casually?
- What neutral colors do gravitate to most (e.g. brown, black, navy)?
- Do they already own another watch?
- Do they prefer leather or metal bands?
While you don’t have to answer every one of these questions, they can provide a good launch point for conducting your search. This watch gift guide will help familiarize you with some of the most beautiful timepieces on the market and get your gift-giving inspiration whirring.
#1 The Sportsman
Have a sea-faring sailor in your life? Don’t let them go to the ocean short on style.
This holiday season, give him a luxury waterproof so he can tell time by both land and sea: the laid-back elegance of the Panerai Submersible Quarantaquattro watch.
The Grigio Roccia sports an athletics, salt-of-the-earth aesthetic, with design features like:
- A brushed steel case and bezel
- Luminous hour dot markers
- Date and small second features
- Dark grey stitching strap
Better yet, this luxury watch functions in water up to 30 meters deep. It’s the most stylish way to stay on time, no matter what new waters you’re charting.
#2 The Power Player
Let your loved one’s poise and command shine with the stately look of the Santos de Cartier Watch. Skipping out on frivolous functionality or distracting details, this timepiece’s beauty revolved around stripped-back style in shades of blue and grey.
The design includes minimalist, powerful elements like:
- A steel case with a dusty blue interior
- A steel crown with a matching blue spinel
- Sword-shaped hour and minute hands with luminescent edging
- A steel strap and secondary blue rubber strap
- Exposed steel studs on the case and metal strap
- Water resistance up to 10 meters deep
#3 The Take-Charge Pilot
Thanks to modern craftsmanship, watches today can precisely help you track time through any adventure. For the go-getter in your life, opt for a watch that balances style and utility like the IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph.
With a stainless steel case and black leather strap, this all-purpose timepiece is built for tackling any task. The design spotlights several neat, durable features like:
- Chronograph function – A chronograph combines a stopwatch hand with traditional time display hands on a watch’s face. By pressuring the stem, the wearer can measure elapsed time at will.
- Day and date displays – Not sure if it’s Monday or Tuesday? The date and day displays on this watch’s face function as a mini calendar on their wrist.
- Air pressure resistance – As a pilot’s watch, this design is built to withstand declines in air pressure. The glass coat is secured to resist displacement throughout various pressure levels.
- Anti-reflective coating – Even under the bright sun, an anti-reflective glass coating keeps solar glare from blocking any time-telling abilities.
- Small hacking seconds – For ultimate control, this design offers hacking control over the seconds hand. This means when the watch’s crown is pulled out, the seconds hand pauses and can be set by the wearer.
#4 The Vintage Classic
Take the old soul in your life back in time with the splendid beauty of the vintage Omega Co-Axial Master wristwatch.
With a bronze gold case, classic clock hands, and brown leather strap, the Co-Axial serves up instant understated luxury. The materials and layout may hint at office-only wear, but this vintage style has a few tricks up its sleeve.
On this design iteration, the Co-Axial touts:
- A chronometer function
- A scratch-resistant sapphire crystal casing
- Water resistance up to 30 meters deep
- Anti-magnetism feature
- Time zone adjustment
- Automatic winding in both directions
Let Them Light Up The Room with CJ Charles Jewelers
You’ll know you’ve found the perfect gift when the shopping process itself feels like a relief—and few shopping experiences are more luxurious than browsing the beautifully crafted, timelessly gorgeous pieces at CJ Charles Jewelers.
Our jewelry experts are passionate about advising you on how to pick a treasure they’ll cherish as deeply as you. Whether you want to give them a set of earrings or a stately wrist watch, we’re ready to welcome you online or at our San Diego location so you can help bring that priceless holiday twinkle to their eye.
Written By: Vahid Moradi
Vahid Moradi’s lifelong passion, dedication, and commitment for the jewelry industry led him to become the respected owner of CJ Charles Jewelers in 1988. From that moment, Moradi’s single focus in business was to become recognized as the pinnacle of value and world-class quality in the his Community. Over 34 years later, CJ Charles continues to grow and thrive as a successful, family-owned business that consistently provides exceptional service to all their clientele.
- Almanac. July Birthstone: The Ruby | Colors, Symbolism, and Meaning. https://www.almanac.com/content/july-birthstone-color-and-meaning
- Mind Body Green. Your Guide To The 7 Chakra Colors & How To Use Them. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/7-chakra-colors-what-they-mean-and-why-they-matter
- Harper's Bazaar. How to choose a watch for your partner. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fashion/jewellery-watches/a29333522/how-to-choose-a-watch-for-your-partner/