In 1860, Giovanni Panerai opened his watchmakers shop on the Ponte alle Grazie in Florence; this was not only a shop and workshop, but also Florence's first watchmaking school. Many successful years saw relationships with the most prestigious and longest established Swiss watch manufacturers being formed. By 1900, Guido Panerai, Giovanni's grandson, went on to expand the business and give it new impetus, specializing in high precision mechanisms and becoming official supplier to the Royal Italian Navy.
At the turn of the century, the shop moved to the Piazza San Giovanni site in Florence and adopted the name "Orologeria Svizzera", which underlined the close link between Panerai's watches and its Swiss origins. The Panerai boutique can still be found at this location, proudly displaying its original name.
Today, Officine Panerai is recognized as a world leader in precision watch-making, with close ties to the sea; thanks to its history as well as its associations with annual Regattas. Aimed at discerning men of impeccable taste, Panerai watches are available across five collections - Radiomir, Radiomir 1940, Luminor, Luminor 1950, and Special Editions, which are issued every year.
CJ Charles Jewelers is proud to be an authorized Officine Panerai Watches dealer for La Jolla and San Diego. We offer the best Panerai watch selections and price in the San Diego area, along with world class servicing facilities, at our La Jolla Panerai Boutique, which had a grand opening in 2012, covered exclusively by LA Confidential Magazine.
To commemorate the opening, Panerai released a 2012 Boutique Special Edition piece, the 44 mm Panerai Luminor Marina with the back sporting an engraving of La Jolla's famous Cove, which is available exclusively at our Panerai boutique. Browse through our collection and choose from this and many other beautiful Panerai watches.