Worn by Sylvester Stallone throughout the 1996 film “Daylight”, Phillips offers what is without a doubt, one of the most important modern wristwatches ever produced by Panerai.
During the film, while explosions collapse both ends of a New York tunnel, on Sylvester Stallone’s wrist, was this exact Luminor Panerai 5218-201/a “Logo” manufactured in 1993.
Stallone spoken very highly of the watch and never removed it during the entire duration of filming. He would later state it “went through hell in every scene”, and has remained in his possession until today.
Offered exactly as it was first worn by Mr. Stallone, the Panerai 5218-201/a was sold along with its original mahogany box, two additional Panerai pre-Vendome straps with sewn-in buckles, and its original brass screwdriver.
The dial, hands, case, crystal, crown and strap are all original to the watch, and its case has never been polished. It was further complemented with a letter personally handwritten and signed by Mr. Stallone on his private stationary describing the watch, along with an original 1996 studio-issued lobby card from the “Daylight” film, also signed by Sly, with specific reference by him to this exact watch.
Estimate: $40,000 - $80,000
Sold for: $214,200
- Manufacturer: Panerai
- Year: Circa 1993
- Reference No: 5218-201/A
- Case No: 0764
- Model Name: Luminor "Pre-Vendôme"
- Material: Stainless steel
- Calibre: Manual, cal. 6497, 17 jewels
- Bracelet/Strap: Sharkskin
- Clasp/Buckle: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 44mm Diameter
- Signed: Case, dial, movement, strap, and buckle signed.
- Accessories: Accompanied by signed note from Sylvester Stallone, original Panerai box, additional straps, and screwdriver. Additionally accompanied by signed studio issued lobby card and Daylight press kit from 1996.